20130328

2013년 3월 Playlist - OFFROAD, M4M, & U-KISS

This post is dedicated to the songs that aren't as big or ones that I won't dedicate an entire review to them. So more of a appreciation posting. Songs and albums (full and mini) that you guys should check out.

OFFROAD 오프로드

Headbanging

Single

This group OFFROAD is actually a year old. Correction- more about less than a year. (Comment below if I'm wrong please.) Regardless this group is one that is trying to get up to the mainstream. Unfortuantely, the sad truth is that there are TOO MANY GROUPS already that we're more focused to the bigger names. What caught my attention was the news about ZICO of BlockB. He helped produce this song like he did for D-Unit. And I'm more than happy to listen to this song. (Plus he's my bias with his genius music production skills.) But in truth the song itself is one that will get you off your feet. Has this post 90s-2000s dance vibe. Nice touch that this was filmed in Australia.
In the comments of the video, BBCs (BlockB fans) wish to hear this song with the BlockB members. As much as I support the boys of BlockB, let's give support for OFFROAD!

M4M (Mystic Formula)

Sadness

Single

Ok CUBE Entertainment, we need to talk. I support your groups (ok majority of your groups) but it looks like this isn't your year. But I'll give your newest group a chance. I did. The 4-member group with the idea of duo promotions within Korea and China isn't going to be easy. Plus they're rookies. Let's say comparing to EXO, they have the amount of members recruited from both China and Korea to perform at the same time. Sure the members of M4M are multilingual but that causes much stress and work going back and forth, learning the songs in both languages. Sooner of later, they may play the same song but sing the wrong translation.
I'm sorry I ranted too much about this. Comment below your thoughts on the duo debut promotions for M4M and CUBE Entertainment.
This isn't a bad song for their debut. Unfortunately, the line distribution needs a bit of work. It's very similar to Teen Top's previous eras (i.e. 'Supa Luv') when Niel had majority of the lines. It's the same here. Alen (the youngest and main vocalist) is singing more than Jimmy (the leader) and Vinson. Bin is fine because he is the rapper. Not to the mention the English of the song. The title of the song is majoirty of the english sung through. From my research Alen and Jimmy are capable to speak English. I don't know if it's the best spoken English compared to a native, but it needs a bit of help.
M4M, HWAITING~!

U-KISS

Collage

3rd Album

Confession time! I really wanted to review them very much because we can all agree that they are VERY underrated. The most legitimate excuse I can give about not reviewing them is because of the voting system I tried putting into place. Unfortunately, the number of votes didn't secure them a full review, thus making me be the sad souls who didn't watch it (along with Teen Top's "Miss Right"). But it's ok now since I give my two cents here.
"Standing Still" really put me in shock of the transformation U-KISS has done for this year. This song took me by surprise. I had the same reaction whenever they do their Japanese promotions and I love the sounds and visuals of those songs (especially Tick Tack). I feel like NH Media is transitioning their Japanese promo ideas to be incorporated for this album. If I'm right- then good job. My reasoning is that their Japanese releases really highlight what they are more than capable of.
(Full)Album itself is great. Most likely one of their best thus far. Can't say for sure because the 1st (Only One) and 2nd (NEVERLAND) full albums are good listens as well. But I can listen to their growth as they really indent their mark on the Hallyu Wave and Korean music industry.

Before I sign off I would like to wish my Ultimate bias a (belated by the time I post this) Happy Birthday. Good luck with your promotions and stay strong and inspiring. Happy Birthday Hoya (INFINITE).

Don't forget if you want to request an album or music video to be reviewed:
  • go to my submit page (fhoney.tumblr.com/submit) 
  • Send me a tweet (@fhones) with the tag: #fhoneyscriber 
  • Or a teaser photo on instagram (@fhones) with the same tag: #fhoneyscriber

Disclaimer:I Do Not Own Photos. Credits to the original owners.

No comments: